HybridZ

killed my first nissan motor

280zex

It was a good engine while it lasted, RIP napz z24. 250,000 miles, 2 owners. Nothing lasts for ever.

im not sure if she spun a rod or crank bearing, but the beast got me home. Nissan makes some tough engines, thats for sure!!!

Maybe time for a 302 swap???? 1985 720 4x4, the best damn truck i have ever owned...

• 2 weeks later...

I got lucky this morning. I got another 1 owner 720 4x4 with 192000 miles. All stock factory, unmolested rust bucket....Strong engine :wink:

the owner said it was dying on him......I found 1 bad vac line, HA!!! Factory WORKING A/C........ Time for an engine swap, and sell the rest for parts...... 

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe it but I popped the head gasket yesterday.  I knew I had a leak in the radiator but would watch the gauge.  I was cruising down the expressway and started getting some pinging.  Pulled over immediately and it shut off.   I had nearly no rad fluid and my gauge was at normal temp. 

Brought it home found the crack in the radiator, replaced it, changed the oil and now get a nice bubbling in the overflow tank and fluid out the exhaust!  Argh!!

I wanted to replace the truck but not that way.  RIP.  I don't think i'll fix.  Just sell as is.  269K is my final mileage.  I bought it with 60K back in 2005.

I got lucky and the parts store let me return the new radiator.

I'm driving my 01 Z71 Silverado.  So hard getting used to a full size truck!