HybridZ

fuel line

rags

I'm in the process of having a larger fuel line bent to feed the turbo motor that I am putting into my 71 240. The

question I have is can I do without the vent tube that runs to the driver side of the engine compartment? Also, I

plan on replacing the original return line with one that has a diameter of 3/8" and using it for the feed line. I'll use

the original feed line for the return. I am going to use a 75 280Z gas tank. Do I have the right idea? does this

sound like it will work? I have a habit of not leaving well enough alone so I am just trying to prepare for when the

turbo motor gets modified. Any help is as always appreciated.

Joe

I guess my 1st question is this... Is the turbo motor gonna be fuel injection fed? If so, keep in mind that fuel volume, as well as fuel pressure is important, fuel volume being more so. You are moving in the right area. The vent tube under hood isn't needed as long as you still retain the vent tube at the tank. I'd also look at upgrading the fuel pressure regulator, pump, and maybe even injectors if needed. That line will need to be 3/8th minimum if you run 300HP or higher, and 1/2 inch if you foresee reaching 400HP!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

I know bigger is better, and I would err on the side of safty for a expensive big V8, but just how much gas do these engines pull at WOT? I'd love to find a table for a hp vs. fuel line size, flow, etc. I tapped 1.5 gallons from my Z yesterday (stock lines) for the, ah-hem, lawn mower. It took a little under 40 seconds to have it overflowing. At boost the pump will run lots harder. I don't know what this all means for hp requirements, but it seems like it would satisfy a pretty healthy motor. A big pump will make up for smaller lines, to a point. I'd just like to see it broken down in hard figures.

JS