#1 Ken Smith

Ken Smith

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationRocklin, CA

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:08 AM

I have the quarter window out but can't get the stainless steel frame to open up to remove the glass. I got the 4 screws at the front vertical portion and the 2 screws at the rear but nothing wants to break loose. The rubber is hard as a rock so I tried soaking it in hot water and soap overnight but still won't budge. Any tricks to getting it apart? I have all new rubber if I can get the frame to come apart. Thanks......

#2 cgsheen

cgsheen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:49 AM

We'll need pics.  The frame is in two pieces and there are 2 "L" shaped brackets in opposite corners.  Each bracket has one leg spotwelded to the frame and one leg with 2 screws in it.  The screws are relatively close together.  Make sure you got the screws out of the forward bracket (and not just the vertical trim piece) - usually they're covered with goo...   The brackets are steel and tend to rust and expand, that coupled with the hardening of the rubber can make disassembly difficult.

edit:  And...  I just noticed this is in a Z31 thread...

Edited by cgsheen, 13 November 2016 - 10:52 AM.

1974 "Early" 260Z: '83 L28ET - F31 ECU MAF Coil TPS - T04E - FMIC - 400cc Injectors - MTX-L wideband - NIStune enabled! - '83 5 speed - coilovers - Big Brakes up front - Sakura Garage, Tempe, AZ

#3 Ken Smith

Ken Smith

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationRocklin, CA

Posted 13 November 2016 - 11:33 AM

Attached File  280z quarter glass.jpg   43.09KB   0 downloadsSorry, guess I didn't get my mouse over the correct forum. I did get the 2 screws out after removing the 4 screws. Total of 6 screws. The rear does have an insert that the 2 screws came out of. No rust anywhere, just really hard rubber. Wonder if the internal bracket at the rear slides out? 

Edited by Ken Smith, 13 November 2016 - 06:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users