HybridZ

BRE spoiler on a 280ZX?

haukenes

Hey all,

i have a 1980 280ZX 2+2 and have so far been unable to find a BRE style spoiler that is made for my model/year. so i've got 2 questions:

1) Does anyone know if someone makes them? That'd be great

and if not,

2) is it possible to use one from an earlier model (EG 240Z) and have it fit close enough one would be able to mold it on? or are the rear profiles too differnt?

i'm probably painting this spring, so i was hoping to do a good portion of the bodywork before then, so if anyone has ideas, i'm always happy to hear them =)

I am pretty sure there is not a BRE style spoiler for the 280zx. I doubt one will fit simply just because the 280zx is wider than the 240z. MSA does make a couple different styles of decklid spoilers but none have the extreme rake (or angle) that the 240z BRE spoiler does. Hope that helps your search.

might I also add that the whaletails and "F40" style wings look pretty good on the 280zx IMO.

Well actually it does fit the BRE and whale tail fit with NO modification, apart from ecstatics , in case of the whale tail and BRE spoiler the hatch lock hole ..

For a 2+2 a coupe might fit but a 2+2 from my recollection's it needs some trimming .. however one a coupe there are no fitment issues what so ever

Yeah, i debated going out and firing up the welder to see what i could come up with, but i'd rather have fiberglass anyways, plus i'm not so great with a welder anyways :-P

yeah if you could get those pics, that'd be superb. If i can custom fit the BRE onto the 2+2 i wouldn't mind doing the work, since i'm stripping and body filling the entire car anyway. If anyone has any suggestions that would help, it'd be much appreciated, i haven't done much body modification before... mayb flares next though... :)