HybridZ

Nistune Questions: Get them answered here

Xylemer

Hey Andy, I've actually done business with you awhile ago for a customer's Z31.  Anyway, I have a RB20 in my S30.  How much are we looking to get nistune done?  Also I have a question.  I don't have consult, do you know how to wire it up?

Thanks,
Steve

• 1 month later...

For Nistune, is there a difference between using the z31 '87 Turbo ecu compared to the '88 turbo ecu?

I currently have the '87 ecu installed, but I have two '88 ecus laying around. I did not want to install resistors to use them, but if there is a difference when using Nistune then I would.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok guys let me apologize, I don't get on here much and for whatever reason I was receiving notifications to post. 

Hey Andy, I've actually done business with you awhile ago for a customer's Z31.  Anyway, I have a RB20 in my S30.  How much are we looking to get nistune done?  Also I have a question.  I don't have consult, do you know how to wire it up?

Thanks,
Steve

Steve- Do you need the board only? The price for the Type 2 board is $240 plus $10 shipped. Here is some info in regards to the consult wiring:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/this-is-how-to-wire-the-consult-cable-for-a-r32-rb20det-t314850.html

For Nistune, is there a difference between using the z31 '87 Turbo ecu compared to the '88 turbo ecu?

I currently have the '87 ecu installed, but I have two '88 ecus laying around. I did not want to install resistors to use them, but if there is a difference when using Nistune then I would.

There are some differences in regards to the install but they should work the same once Nistune is installed. The 88 ECUs typically are more desirable... I think the processors are a little faster and easier to mod when using later model MAFs. I apologize for my lack of knowledge  but I have not done much research in the Z31 arena... I know what I know only because I sell Nistune and work on the ECUs.

Hey Andy,

I have a N/A Z32 computer out of a 93 300zx automatic.

Any options of using this on my S30 L26ET? I have stock L28ET injectors, stock turbo, P90 turbo head and turbo distributor.

I honestly can't see any benifit to using the later model Z32 ECU... you would have a tough time working out the wiring. I see having to splice the L series harness with the Z32 harness. You would have better luck using a Z31 ECU with a Type 1 Nistune board, plus it would be less expensive. You could sell the Z32 ECU and use the money toward the Type 1 board purchase.

I hope these replies help. Please let me know if I can help with anything else. Again, I apologize for the slow response.

I will be on vacation from June 1 to June 9, so if I don't reply right away, you know why :-)

Andy

AutoVaughn

• 3 months later...

Anyone running the Nistune Type 1 Real-time Programming Daughter board installed with their Z31 ECU ('88 or '89) out there that care to comment on ease of use and true programming abilities for fuel and timing?  And would you recommend?  

I'm currently running the JWT 450 Z31 ECU with cobra MAF (t3/ t4 turbo at 15 psi) and I would like to run a little higher boost (20psi) but will need to dial back timing and add a little more fuel accordingly.  

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone running the Nistune Type 1 Real-time Programming Daughter board installed with their Z31 ECU ('88 or '89) out there that care to comment on ease of use and true programming abilities for fuel and timing?  And would you recommend?  

I'm currently running the JWT 450 Z31 ECU with cobra MAF (t3/ t4 turbo at 15 psi) and I would like to run a little higher boost (20psi) but will need to dial back timing and add a little more fuel accordingly.  

Thanks.

I have used the type 1 board on a ca16de ecu running a ca18det. The software is easy to use, easy to understand and you can easily change fueling and timing maps so should work perfectly for what you are after. 

With the type 1 board you also get consult capability via the usb cable plugged in to the ecu, no more counting flashing leds.

I appreciate the input guys...looks like this is the way to go then vs. starting over with a full blown stand alone system.  I love the driveability of the JWT z31 ECU however, I believe there is a lot more power bottled up in my my current set-up.