HybridZ

possibly the worst is yet to come with my S130?

Well the summer is coming and its starting to get hot here in Sugarland,TX.

I have a 240z T31 stroker and a 280zx turbo. the 240z is gutted completly witch means no A/C and in Houston heat....you need A/C or your a fool.

So the 240z is going to be put up at power fab or my garage for the next few mounths, and my 280zx turbo has been sitting for the past 5 mounths while i was driving the 240.

I did a tune up on my 280zx, changed the head gasket {felpo headgasket with cooper spray} and all the others, plugs, oil, trany/diff fluid..blah blah.

I have several mods to the car including APR head studs and rod bolts.

But durnin the tune up i FORGOT to put coolent in the raidiator after flushing it.

I drove the car about 2 miles to the shell station to fill her up for the dyno so we could do some tuning, and noticed that my PROSPORT water temp guage read 270 Degrees!

It was a O %#@& moment.

The car seems to be fine i got it back to the shop and put water in the radi and there seems that the headgasket is fine there are no leaks at all and it is driving and the spolling just fine.

Have any of all had any luck with a L series getting this hot?

No I don't have room to store it....:(

I'm moving to Denver,CO and school is taking all my money and time and the zxr will have to wait sadly.

I drove my zxt home (60 miles) and its not run right. I'm running a straight down pipe and can here a little taping pope sound in the exhaust note, that's not consistent, but but accrues every 5-6 Secounds. I'm assuming its compression. I'm not leaking fluid from the headgasket, but I'm going to pull the head Tuesday and replace it anyways with a 2 nismo(HKS) HG. I'll be sending the head to the machine shop to check for worping and damage.

Alto think my walbro 255 fuel pump is going out.

No I don't have room to store it....:(

I'm moving to Denver,CO and school is taking all my money and time and the zxr will have to wait sadly.

I drove my zxt home (60 miles) and its not run right. I'm running a straight down pipe and can here a little taping pope sound in the exhaust note, that's not consistent, but but accrues every 5-6 Secounds. I'm assuming its compression. I'm not leaking fluid from the headgasket, but I'm going to pull the head Tuesday and replace it anyways with a 2 nismo(HKS) HG. I'll be sending the head to the machine shop to check for worping and damage.

Alto think my walbro 255 fuel pump is going out.

I guess we are ships passing in the night Chris...seeing as I just moved from the Denver \ Colorado Springs area to Houston. In Denver...you will never need A\C, sorry to hear about the ZXT, 270F is not good for that long head for any period of time. See you tonight.

Yasin

Yeah I love Colorado its a change from Houston,tx.

I'm going to drive it tonight.

And no changong head gaskets on a L series isn't hard or difficult is you know what your doing when marking your timing. It's time consuming to day the least about a days job on a factory s130 turbo mine is moded so only takes me about 3 hours total to change a head. Also done it over 15 time easy...

• 2 weeks later...