HybridZ

rb26 intake setups

ZT-R

Ok guys i need to fab up my intakes and here is what i have found others doing. what size filters are you using assuming you use 2. i was thinking about merging it into a big 4" or something too, not sure. i would like to get the rear intake away from the exhaust housing of the front turbo. i will try to snag some pics later of what i am thinking.

100_0502.jpg

6.jpg

engine%20pics%20005.jpg

Intercooler%20pipework%20complete.jpg

Intercooler%20pipework%20complete2.jpg

dsc02969z.jpg

dsc02972.jpg

Those all appear to run the MAP or D-jetro style systems. No MAF sensors. If you are doing the same thing why dont you collect the 2 together near the front turbo and do a single filter element near the front or out to the front?

Check out the single turbo piping kits like:

NISSAN-SKYLINE-GTR-R33-R34-RB26DETT-AIR-INTAKE-FILTER-for-sale_190462369113.jpg

and see the collector? It may not be usable but it could give you ideas. I found a local place to do custom aluminum piping and had all mine made up for fairly cheap. I assembled it after they fabbed it up.

That is if youve gone the MAP sensor way and dis-guarded the MAF sensors.

i was thinking about doing a dual 2.5 into a single... K&n has a dual 2.5 into a single filter but i wasnt sure that would flow enough. i have aem series 2 so i am using a map sensor... the hell with MAF. i think it was dual 2.5 inlets, like this

filter

i was thinking about doing a dual 2.5 into a single... K&n has a dual 2.5 into a single filter but i wasnt sure that would flow enough. i have aem series 2 so i am using a map sensor... the hell with MAF. i think it was dual 2.5 inlets, like this

filter

You could have a local shop put something together that resembles the top twin turbo pipe along the bottom that collects the 2.5" into a single 3"-3.5" pipe and run it under the current IC hot pipe to the front into a nice filter. like this

post-273-067010900 1305736460_thumb.jpg

Personally I went with 3.25" intake piping for my RB25det.

A good shop can weld that thin wall aluminum and come up with the proper bends without having to bend them as they can usually only be ordered in pretty standard angles. Saves room in the engine bay. Allows you to run the bigger piping. Then route it to the front and get yourself a AFE filter for a diesel truck. If they can flow and hold up to a turbo flowing at 30-50psi then it can survive your twin turbo 2.6L.

i was actually looking at something like that but my intercooler is pretty big, i doubt a decent filter would fit in there, also dont want to be caught in the rain with a filter out front like that. i have a 3" crappy tapered filter (kinda like the k&n ones, and it will not fit next to my intercooler.

i could probably do that but that is gonna take me a bit longer... maybe after i get everything running real good i would look into something like that. I actually havent messed with CF i could do it out of fiberglass or something.

i was actually looking at something like that but my intercooler is pretty big, i doubt a decent filter would fit in there, also dont want to be caught in the rain with a filter out front like that. i have a 3" crappy tapered filter (kinda like the k&n ones, and it will not fit next to my intercooler.

Another option is OEM style filter. Aluminum sheet metal, rivets,some of these latches, and some nail it caulking.

Build an OE style air box for a flat rectangle filter and fit it either in the engine bay with a tube to the front like OE or simply build it up front like the OE Z chassis did until very recently. Its a bit of work but could look nice on the cheap and it solves fitment issues with cone style fitters.