HybridZ

Motor Swap

JessZ

I'm just fishing for some opinions here. I have a complete L28et which I replaced the timing chain and tensioner about 2 thousand miles ago. The motor probably has 170,000 miles on it, but seems fine. It still has good cross hatching on the cylinders. I recently bought a 280z with 92,000 miles on it, motor too. I will be moving soon and am looking to reduce the crap I have. Any thoughts on swapping my turbo stuff over to the na motor since it has less miles? One motor has to go.

Please explain what's "better" about about F54 block?

F54 has "siamesed" cylinder bores. or additional webbing supports were cast between the cylinders 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, They were also slightly different when it came to cooling the F54 block has a few more coolant passages.

Swap in the entire motor. They're both low comp, and the ZX has a better block and head casting (F54/P90).

Define "Better" all I've seen so far is differences, nothing making it particularly "Better" for any stated application.

If durability is the goal, some would make the argument the earlier the L28 block, the better.

"Newest" doesn't necessarily mean 'Best' automatically.

Define "Better" all I've seen so far is differences, nothing making it particularly "Better" for any stated application.

If durability is the goal, some would make the argument the earlier the L28 block, the better.

"Newest" doesn't necessarily mean 'Best' automatically.

Hey, Tony I heard or read somewhere that 75-76 N42 blocks are desirable because of nickel content or something similar? I can't remember exactly what was said but I was wondering if this was true or not and Also that the N42 blocks have more material around the Cylinder bores, So its possible to bore them out more?

Also I thought that the F54 block was designed for Turbo applications because its ability to cool better or is this debateable?

I should probably read through my "How to Modify Your Nissan/Datsun OHC engine" book a few more times..

Edited by 19762802+2