HybridZ

Can someone double check this for me

motoman

• 7 months later...

Is anyone kind enough to do a rough sketch of how to wire the RB25DET alternator into the S30?

Is it just a matter of finding the other ends of the RB25DET alternator "S" and "L" wiring and connecting them to ON and BAT and adding a diode facing the "S" terminal?

Looking at the wiring diagrams I am thinking if you dont care about the ammeter you can remove a lot of wiring from ext. voltage regulator and shunt etc and not worry about the atlanticzcar/zcarcreations type ext. voltage regulator short circuiting.

I havent been as lucky in finding R33 diagrams as I have been with the S30, but I would think you would not use any of the Z wiring for the charging system?

Edited by drunkenmaster

Brown plug on alternator has 2 wires. White/red and aqua. White red goes to a 12v with ign wire that also goes to the fuse box. I used a 6 amp diode on that wire with the stripe towards the alternator. The post goes to the battery and then from the battery to the starter. Jump the aqua into the post or run a 12 volt constant wire to it. Then their should be grounds screwed into the side of the alternator or ground it into the chassis.

This was for my s1 rb25 hope it helps.

Brown plug on alternator has 2 wires. White/red and aqua. White red goes to a 12v with ign wire that also goes to the fuse box. I used a 6 amp diode on that wire with the stripe towards the alternator. The post goes to the battery and then from the battery to the starter. Jump the aqua into the post or run a 12 volt constant wire to it. Then their should be grounds screwed into the side of the alternator or ground it into the chassis.

This was for my s1 rb25 hope it helps.

Thanks for the info.

Do you know how wiring the lamp connection direct to IGN works? I thought it would need some resistance from the bulb?

Also did you simply disconnect all the ext. voltage reg gear and leave unused?

Thanks again