HybridZ

Gauge install question

Arif

I've looked for this answer but haven't found it yet. I see most guys are putting their new gauge (speedhut, autometer, etc.) into the old gauge cup. Do you also use the old face as well even those they have that bar bisecting the original gauge? My autometers are way too small to fill the original holes so if anyone has pictures of the process that would be great.

Thanks Lonestar. I wish the pictures in the thread were still available. So if I understand it correctly you affix the plexiglass to the hole were the gauges go and then attach the gauges to that? What about the outer edges not filling up the holes? Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words! haha

Thanks Lonestar. I wish the pictures in the thread were still available. So if I understand it correctly you affix the plexiglass to the hole were the gauges go and then attach the gauges to that? What about the outer edges not filling up the holes? Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words! haha

Correct, 8mm rings into the stock 60mm holes, then 52mm gauges in the the new 52mm holes.

Not sure what you mean outer edges not filling up. He painted his black so you couldn't really tell they were there.

Have you considered using an oil sandwich block?

I have the Trust oil cooler kit my room, the sandwich block has 2 ports for oil pressure and temp, and 2 other port for the oil cooler lines. I also have the sandwich block that's just for 2 sensors.