HybridZ

Intercooler Garrett

Wedge

Im just looking for some approval will this intercooler do the job for a 400hp RB i know it says 600hp but most guys with RB26 are running the big 31x12x3 Chinabay coolers ?

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Code=ATP-INT-003&Category_Code=INT

The price seems good for a brand cooler.

thank you.

The one I'm using is the Garrett core (custom made end tanks) that's 24 x 12 x 4.5". This is just the core size. It's big, and it's heavy, but I can hold my twins @ 18 psi, wide open throttle, for a easy 1/4 mile without the air temp rising 10* above ambient....

To me, this is worth the weight penalty. There are much cheaper IC's to be found though. I went this route cause my fabricator (James Thagard) bought a few of these cores and built IC's for a few of us here on HybridZ.

I guess its going to be fine then thanks. Im not to sure about the Ebay coolers I keep reading they work and they dont leak but they dont cool as much as "brands" I/C. Id prefer to pay 100$ more to have a quality cooler then getting a ebay one that does the job halfway. People told me I have to pick two Fast, Good and Cheap so im picking Fast and good.

Edited by Wedge

• 2 weeks later...