HybridZ

Hatch strut with spoiler

jap tin

My stock 280Z srtuts work fine with my 5 1/2" BRE type spoiler. My spoiler is much heavier than the BRE one sold these days by MSA (I think it is very flimsy) since I added a lot of glass and molded it to the hatch. I don't think you will have a problem.

Thanks for the reply. The 240Z takes one strut where the 280Z takes two. my original one is shot and if I remember right it would barley hold the hatch when it was new but that was 20 years ago when it was replaced. I was wondering if the ones they make now are stronger than they used to be.

Thanks for the reply. The 240Z takes one strut where the 280Z takes two. my original one is shot and if I remember right it would barley hold the hatch when it was new but that was 20 years ago when it was replaced. I was wondering if the ones they make now are stronger than they used to be.

Only one on a 240Z??? I did not know that. I do know one 280Z strut will NOT hold up the 280Z hatch even without the spoiler....I found that out the hard way!

Edited by deja

I have a 20+ year old strut on my '73 240Z. It may even be original for all I know. Anyway, it has no problem holding up the hatch with a Victory spoiler on it, which is a couple of inches taller, and presumably heavier, than the BRE.

Nigel

'73 240ZT