HybridZ

removing screw from ignition panel

Rimal310

i am trying to remove the ignition assembly and came across these 2 screws that i am kind of clueless on how to remove.

I thought they were caps over the screws but am not able to remove them

any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

IMAG0172.jpg

Those are anit-withdrawal screws. You will have to drill the heads off. Start by center punching the heads then drill a small pilot hole in each head. Then switch to a drill bit that is a little larger then the diameter then the threaded portion of the screw. The bit has to be big enough to allow the cap portion of the screw to completely fall off. Just use normal screws when you replace the ignition switch.

Edited by Miles

This is what I did. Grab your dremel and cut two straight lines into each head. Then simply use a flat head screw driver and remove the bolts.

If you don't care about the lock, use a air cut off tool. Makes the line a bit wider for a bigger screw driver!

Those are anit-withdrawal screws. You will have to drill the heads off. Start by center punching the heads then drill a small pilot hole in each head. Then switch to a drill bit that is a little larger then the diameter then the threaded portion of the screw. The bit has to be big enough to allow the cap portion of the screw to completely fall off. Just use normal screws when you replace the ignition switch.

These screws are soft metal. Use a very small chisel, flat bladed screwdriver, or small pointed center punch and place it at the outer edge of the screw at a right angle and tap it with a hammer. This is the way the wrench monkies at my favorite JY do it. Otherwise just dremel a slot and use a screwdriver.

g