HybridZ

Crank/Valve Cover Vent issue...

So on my 383 stroker I have a set of nice machined aluminum valve covers. I also have a K&N breather. The issue is that there is no baffle in the valve cover... And the smell oil fumes is heavy and comes into the cockpit. I'm not running a pump for crank ventalation, but I need to do something to mitigate the fumes... Any ideas would be great guys...

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Is the hypothesis that oil is being driven up through the non-baffle in the valve cover, through the PCV valve and, well, somewhere else (not back into the intake manifold?)?

Could there be another source of oil leak, too small to notice as a loss of oil volume in the sump, but large enough to splatter onto something hot (headers, for example), resulting in fumes?

• 3 months later...

I dont believe so because if the dipstick it being pushed out, i believe that would mean that their is to much pressure in the crankcase and its looking for places to escape such as the breather and dipstick. Double check your pcv valve to see if its clogged. That would for sure cause extra crankcase pressure and would cause many of the problems your having.