HybridZ

s30 ignition

75zcar

I need an ignition setup for my dual webber setup on a 260z.

Carb linkage, air cleaners, MAybe a carb car engine bay wiring harness for a 260z.

In a nut shell I have a 75 280 with a 260 motor which has dual webber carbs. If I could have a custom wiring harness made with only the thing that are absolutley required to run the carb motor, then that would be splendid.

Can anyone point me in the direction I need to go? I have a whole Rubbermaid tub full of wiring that I don't know what is needed or what can be removed.

If someone can help me out from the area, I will gladly give you all my extra parts.

74s and up came with electronic ignition. There is an ignition module by the fuse box. If you get, or have, a distributor from a 74 to 78 Z you could just connect a few wires from the original harness and have everything you need, including a working tachometer.

If you don't have the original ignition module, you could get a GM HEI module and wire it up.

There's not much wiring to an ignition system. Power to the coil, ground from the coil to the ignition module or points, a wire with resistor to the tachometer.

What do you have left from the 75 harness? Do you have a distributor? What type of coil? If you're lucky, you haven't torn too much out from the original 1975 system.

You have quite a way to go. It looks like you need more than just ignition system wiring help.

I saw a coil and the top of a distributor cap. Take the cap off the distributor and show what's inside.

Take a look up under the passenger side dash and see if there is a small metal box, about 5" x 5", with a strip of about 7 wire terminals on it, bolted above and to the left of the where the fuse box should be. Take a picture.

You should probably spend some time figuring out which of those harnesses if a 1975 car and use that one. That way you'll have the right connections for the relays, etc. that might still be in the car. Although it looks like the car might have had everything stripped and you're starting from scratch.

That's a big job for you, especially if you're having trouble just figuring out how to wire your ignition system.