HybridZ

Spotted Denver - Zmanco?

SleeperZ

Thursday 9/1 (yesterday) about 6:45 p.m. I spotted a gorgeous silver 240Z passing me heading north on I-25 past Colorado towards University. Love the wheels and ride height, very understated; one of the nicest Zs I've seen in the area. I am fairly certain it was member Zmanco. And then there was an accident, but it looked like the Z was unscathed, and pulled over ahead of the mess.

If it was you Zman, what happened? Were you just a witness? I hope you were unscathed.

Edited by SleeperZ

Waiting on a return call from Daniel. Didn't get a chance to ask him yet. That late, not sure it would be him. He lives in Castle Pines.

I will be going to the zccc track event on the 10th. Hope to see some of you even if you aren't taking your car on the track. Either way it is a lot of fun.

Thanks for the kind words Nathan (sleeperz), but the car is anything but flawless. I'd give it a 10 at 20 (perfect 10 from 20+ feet) though :) Track days are hard on the outside, especially the "offs".

Wreck happened right in front of me - some idiot in a small car came up on the right probably 40+ mph faster than traffic and lost control when he hit the brakes, spun and hit the concrete barrier. Missed me thankfully. I pulled over to report it and offer to be a witness - hopefully that idiot doesn't drive again for a long time.

Had a great track day at Pueblo on Saturday. Car ran flawlessly and the new brake pads were fantastic - brakes just wouldn't fade, and PMP is hard on brakes. Looking forward to next Saturday at HPR as well. Hope you guys can come out. Ryan, even if your car isn't finished, you should come for some ride alongs. That usually gets me motivated to finish things :)

I have been getting excited for the track day I have been slowly replacing my bushings, and am actively looking for Shocks and Springs (I am trying to buy them here if I can for cheaper than new) I will definitely have my Z out at the track on Saturday, though I will not be racing. Next year I plan on having everything sorted so I can come to the track events.

I was only a few hundred yards behind that mess, the idiot that spun and hit the barrier was trying to get back out into traffic, and almost ran into me in the right lane. I was in my pickup, but I sure recognized Daniel's Z. I'm glad you were not affected.

I will not be at High Plains. I am shooting for next spring, hopefully with a Megasquirt.

I have been getting excited for the track day I have been slowly replacing my bushings, and am actively looking for Shocks and Springs (I am trying to buy them here if I can for cheaper than new) I will definitely have my Z out at the track on Saturday, though I will not be racing. Next year I plan on having everything sorted so I can come to the track events.

It is not a race. :wink: