HybridZ

Thoughts on what my car is capable of doing in the 1/4

Was wondering what you guys might think my car is capable of doing in the 1/4. My goal with the car was to get it in the 10 second range on pump gas. It has been nearly 4 years since I have been on the track, but lets be honest, launching a car with a 2-step is pretty much effortless on a rwd car.

Heres what counts

Car made 430whp on 18 psi, as about 23 psi and raising the rev limit 800 rpm, I think I will be at just about 490-500whp at peak. The turbo setup is a sc6176, I love how I read so much about the lag, but to be real, on the street there is no lag, unless your going 40 in 5th trying to punch it.

OBX LSD

24.5x8x15 slicks

Coilovers

Car is fully gutted, no heat, no ac, bare minimum body and engine harness, fuel cell, fibgerglass hood, I think the car weighs about 2300 lbs, and I weigh 180.

Think a 10.8 - 10.9 is possible?

guess1320.jpg

But in all seriousness, what is the point of this thread (and all threads like it)? I know this sounds blunt, but why not just run on the track and see what you get? Otherwise, this is just pointless bench-racing, d*ck swinging.

My 2 cents...

My car went 11.2 at 123.9mph at 3146lbs. I would expect you to trap around 134 and with a 1.5 or so 60ft you should be deep into the tens. The et depends a lot on the driver and setup. I'm swapping my drivetrain to a 600lb lighter car and expect to be well into the 10's with similar hp.

In Abu Dhabi they recently outlawed Children Camel Jockeys, and are now experimenting with monkeys and robotic jockeys to gain a competitive advantage. Perhaps they are on to something you should look into Barnardd?

Yes, only I would make the comment...

And yes, there really ARE Camel Jockeys, it's not pejorative, it's descriptive! ;)