HybridZ

PVC VALVE TOO CLOSE TO TURBO

J240ZTurbo

Look at the Turbo Manifold, and you will see the PCV is forward of the N/A location.

Getting a Turbo PCV Hose will show you EXACTLY where you need to put it, and give you a good properly heat-rated hose for the application.

I got extremely technical: I took a turbo PCV Breather hose, stuck the valve in it, stuck it on the block, then marked the bottom of the manifold with a sharpie. Took manifold off, drilled and tapped a hole, reinstalled and didn't look back. I took the PCV valve to the hardware store beforehand and said "I need a drill and tap so I can put this in something" and they handed me two pieces and it was never checked any further than that! 3/8 NPT maybe? Too big for 1/4" but maybe... Go to home depot and look in the piping bins, you can see what size it is there. No need to get complicated about this.

This isn't rocket science. You see the turbo, you see where the scroll is. Move it so it's not interfering with it and sink the hole! :huh:

Edited by Tony D

Or, just plug it and not run a PCV.

Quote from six_shooter:

the PCV valve is really quite important to the proper operation and logevity of an engine. A proper system will will crankcase fumes into the engine to be burned off, clearing damaging fumes. These fumes acn deteriorate the gaskets, and leave excess pressure in the crank case, without the PCV system connected.

At higher RPM, the PCV system will, when connected properly create a small vacuum, or at the very least less pressure in the crank case, allowing the pistons to move down the bores easier, helping create more power than without the PCV system connected.

Edited by tyler031734