HybridZ

Can anyone identify this body kit??

myzblubyu

Stolen for the price. I too have never seen that kit, it may have a stamp or marking on the back side of 1 or more of the panels.

I will be picking the panels up this coming Sat. I'll post on here if I find a name or a stamping on it. I seen most of the kits out there andbthis one reminds me of theb1980 IMSA GTO /GTU 280zx. I'll be putting this on my green '72 along with a built ZZ4 engine topped off with a FIRST fuel injection system and a stand olone computer with distributor less ignition. Now I need a rear diff. The motor is currently in a '84 Buick Regal and it ran in the high 11s. This will be my winter project with my oldest boys, Automotive Technology 101, first I need to get my '90 IROC out of my garage...

I saw that and was going to bid on it untill I saw that it was local pick up only. I do know a guy that has the molds to remake that kit.

Do you know the name of the kit or the company that designed it? Would he sell the molds? That would have been a nice drive from Vegas...lol

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to suggest buying them and making molds but if a set already exist... why bother. Interest would be a factor also

This is the kit from Ebay... I picked it up last weekend and there is no stamping on the inside. The seller told me that his father bought this kit over twenty years ago in Carlisle, Pa... I have never seen this body kit before. The front fender is a bolt in, door is a skin and factory rear quarter would need to be cut and the fg put on with adhesive... How hard is it to make molds of these pieces??

Wow, that's like a mix of box flares and an IMSA kit.

Anyone know of any finished?

I have yet to see one.. the front air dam is nice too.... I'm hoping to have this on my car and in paint by the first of next year... I might try and make molds first,so I can make spair parts...

Hehe.. I was thinking that. It has that unique factor, but I'm definitely not a fan. The lines from the guards to the door don't look to match up very well at all..

Dave

Actually the lines are very good, it's the overlying of the panels that makes it looks bad. The fender is a direct rplacement, it was off big time just hanging on the original fender. I wanted to get an idea what it would look like and for those on this site. I was hoping that someone could identify it. The kit is very unique and should make my 240Z very different. For $200.00 I couldn't go wrong...lol

Edited by myzblubyu

Looks like the California Kit.Lets see if i have a pic somewhere of it.Could it be this kit???v5bw3k.jpg

I always liked that kit. When I restored my 75 280z 2+2 I wanted to try and find a kit like that one for it and it didn't happen.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.107669799246791.13649.100000113141735&type=1#!/media/set/?set=a.107669799246791.13649.100000113141735&type=1