HybridZ

Spark plug diagnosis request

I tuned the map a little and am now showing 12.0:1 AFR at WOT and 150kPa (7psi boost). But it still acts like it's flat, and I'm willing to be that the plug tips look white. I'll try running Dave's AFR map and using his VE as a starting point, and see if I can't get those plug tips to a nice tan color.

Edited by AtlantaZ

Checked out the Datalog finally. So far I do see you running too lean for MY taste. I would stop screwing around with 14.7 in cruise and try 13.7 as your leanest areas. Then see how that feels. Second of all, I saw your coolant temp was in the 180 degF or more range, but the log showed that the car was still running in warmup mode. !?

You also have AE set to 100% TPSdot and a threshold of 1000 %/s, which may never give you any AE at all.

Edited by cygnusx1

I just noticed the warmup issue myself! I was double checking my startup and warmup curves, and somehow I have a warmup curve that is enriching even at normal operating temperatures. Not sure how that happened, but I will definitely pull that down to zero enrichment at CLT>=160*F.

And yes, I have AE turned off so I can focus on the base VE table. So far the transitional throttle response hasn't been a problem - I've just kept my throttle pedal movements gentle.

Will do a continuity check on the EDIS-to-coilpack wires tonight. I'm also going to inspect the injector wiring, as I think I saw some exposed solder that may be grounding out on the aluminum heat shielding.

I think coil voltage is good... otherwise I would expect to see darker/wet spark plugs. But I'll be checking all of the wiring in the fuel and ignition system over the next few days.

Edited by AtlantaZ