HybridZ

NZR: cleaning out a spark plug hole

zero

I have an '01 Suzuki SV650. These bikes have a problem where the front spark plug hole gets water in it, drowns the plug and runs only on the rear cylinder after riding or sitting in alot of rain. They call this the SV325.

So I had the usual SV325 issue that I've had before. I figured that it after all this rain I would have some trouble, and usually I can burn off the water by letting it run on one for a couple minutes.

This time I couldn't get the bike to stay running so I brought it to my shop and pulled the front plug to find this

photo%252520%25252880%252529.JPG

Judging by the crud on the threads, I probably have grit in my cylinder as well. Do you guys have any awesome tricks for cleaning this out and or getting the grit out of the cylinder or am I pulling my head? I've thought about cranking the engine with the plug out, but haven't done anything yet. Any help is appreciated.

Time for 'air compressor and nozzle' was BEFORE he pulled the plug out!

There's grit in the cylinder, blow out what you can, start the bike on the back cylinder and see what it blows out the hole in a couple of seconds and call it all you can do.

I would not pull a head to chase light grit which should blow out on first combustion event.

If it really bothers you, drain the fluids, invert the bike, then do the compressed air thing.

Your fluids needed changing anyway.