HybridZ

240z wiring problem fuse keeps blowing

Hi Guys,

First off i am not very good with wiring and electronics. I would really appreciate you assistance is solving my current problem.

On my 1970 240Z; 2 of my fuses keep blowing and i need help finding the problem. Below is a picture showing the 2 fues that keep blowing.

240zfuseboxlid.jpg

For a lil background on my car i have converted it to the E12-80 280zx distributer upgrade and i have done CS144 alternator upgrade. I'm not sure what other information you would need to help diagnose the problem so please ask question.

thank you for your help

Ok i think i know what the problem is with the FLASHER fuse. Since i did the E12-80 upgrade and removed the ballast resistor the tack connection is blowing the fuse; i unplugged the connector at the back of the tach and not the fuse is stable. Not sure how i will fix it but atleast i have a starting point to do more research.

On the first one i had the +ve and -ve crossed on the brake stop light sensor and hence the STOP fuse was blowing.

Ok just to conclude this thread so that the next person searching for answers has a clear direction on how to fix the problem.

I had to replace my 240z tach with a 280 z tach due to the E12-80 upgrade. I connected the +ve and -ve off the 240z tach to the 280z tach and abandon the induction loops; then i ran a separate 18 gauge wire front the 3rd connector on the 280z tach directly to the -ve of the ignition coil in the engine bay. Now all my fuses are stable and my new tach is working well.