HybridZ

76' 280z barely running

I bought another z in may from a fellow member back in may. It appears to be completely stock drivetrain wise. I drove it a few times and it ran fine. I the did some

Suspension work that took it off the road for about a month. I then got it back driving and it was fine for a while. I ran about half a tank through it with some Lucas oil injector cleaner. Then filled it and took it home. Swapped in some new plugs because it was running rich. Ran fine. Then the problems start. I took it out for about an hour drive one day and it seemed to have a high idle and may have been running a little warm. I took it home and it sat for a day. Then two days later I went to start it and it started but sounded down a few cylinders and was pushing a huge cloud of bluish white smoke out of the tailpipe. I didn't have any time to really look at it but a few days later I tried starting it and the same thing. Then a few days after that it ran completely fine and I was excited. But then a day after that it's back down cylinders and burning oil. I tried it last Night swapped back to the original plugs and still same thing. Does anyone have any idea of whats going on? Headgasket? Rings? Injectors? I plan on doing a compression test as soon as I have time. I was about to start goig through the efi bible to get the tune a little better but now i don't even know where to start.

I suspected the water temp sensor also so I ran through a few tests per fsm like you suggested, and sure enough the wire running to the sensor was corroded and exposed. I cut the bad section of wire out and put a temporary jumper in and sure enough she fired right up! Thanks a lot! Now to solve my richness. I ran it tonight with the cold start disconnected and it seemed a little bit better. Which makes me wonder if my thermotime is bad. Because it appears to be a new cold start valve. Off the the bible I go! Thanks again!