HybridZ

Holes in 280z rear valance

emeraldlion

So I have been mulling over ideas on how to cover/dress up the holes left over from the bumper shocks on my 280. Obviously most people prefer to weld them shut, but I am trying to figure out how to avoid welding, both because I am still novice, and because I want to leave the hole available in case I sell it and future person wants to return it to stock(heaven forbid). My brother has a 65 mustang and while replacing gas tank one day saw the reverse light housings. Took forever to get around to it but this past weekend was at the pull apart for a 2speed taurus fan. I looked down the row as I was leaving and saw a 67. Pulled the housings for 20 bucks and I think I have a winner. The hole will need to be widened about 2-3mm at the top half of the hole in the valance but that's it. drill a couple of small holes for the bolts(bumper would hide these if put back on). I think this will look really good, especially with early 240 bumper mounted above. Will post pictures once I get around to finishing this part.

Sounds like an interesting idea. I'd see about smoothing out the stock taillight panel with fiberglass over the original reverse lights and just use the mustang ones. lol... probably more work than it's worth, though.

I would just weld them up. No point in building the car for the potential second owner. I'm guessing you're trying to avoid painting the rear panel though.

Lol, a little of both Kevin. I am going to have to paint the rear panel anyways as I had to cut that stupid duck bill off. have to fill that a bit and paint over. I do actually think the mustang reverse lights will look good, and like I said, just can't summon up the cajones to weld on it yet.