HybridZ

Finished my Momo & NRG quick release finaly

snarpee

Here are a few pics of my adapter installed, I cnc machined it from a block of 7075. I'm using a grant hug for the spline, a NRG quick release, and my adapter mates the two together ultimately ending at me sweet little Momo wheel. Sorry for the crappy pics...

post-1617-040098300 1319766945_thumb.jpg

post-1617-016315000 1319767037_thumb.jpg

post-1617-063309800 1319767057_thumb.jpg

post-1617-098925100 1319767090_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks good, definitely more solid looking than the usual hub adapters from eBay.

Why don't you CNC a custom MOMO Fairlady Z horn button? (And then make me one...) ;)

Hey Guys,

To answer both of the first 2 reply`s:

1st: I needed to used a grant adapter because after 4 phone calls to the NRG tech. guy he assured me they had an adapter, after buying 2 of them and neither of them working, I decided to make my own, in addition the MOMO adapter with the NRG quick release puts the steering up against my spleen, hehehhahahahah.

2nd: Dude if I had the time I would make you button, but things are crazy right now....

Hope your projects are going well....!!!!

• 3 months later...

So I ended up picking up an NRG quick release for next to nothing, but as we know NRG's short hub doesn't actually fit our cars (even though it is listed as compatible), and the typical MOMO hub + regular quick release is just too long even with a flat wheel.

Anyhow, care to share the specifics as to how you used the grant hub and your billet piece to make a short hub adapter?

-_- Of course, you could just PM me the price to make one! That would be even better...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...