HybridZ

Can It Be Converted Into Carbon Fiber.?

Jesse.

I have no idea what this section is called. But about 20% of it is in rust. I was thinking about converting it to carbon fiber. Is it possible.? Is there anyone who can create the carbon piece.?

Is it even possible to do so due to the fact that its all one piece with the firewall.?

HELP.!

post-13958-060280600 1320635236_thumb.jpg

In short no.

But technically speaking yes it "can" be replaced with carbon fiber. Although I would advise against it. If its a carbon fiber look your going for perhaps it would be better if you did either a metal patch repair or replacment of the cowl then do a single layer bond or vynle wrap it. I am also try to decied between repair and replace for a friend (hot tip only do free labor for people you REALLY like) and it is reasonably complex peice to remove and requires the glass to be out.

Edited by ovenfood

• 2 weeks later...

In short no.

But technically speaking yes it "can" be replaced with carbon fiber. Although I would advise against it. If its a carbon fiber look your going for perhaps it would be better if you did either a metal patch repair or replacment of the cowl then do a single layer bond or vynle wrap it. I am also try to decied between repair and replace for a friend (hot tip only do free labor for people you REALLY like) and it is reasonably complex peice to remove and requires the glass to be out.

Maybe in the end I'll just the Meguiar's carbon fiber wrap.!