HybridZ

Re wire help

I got the sbc in and running in my 72 240. Im gonna take it back out and do more work on the engine and trans. Now for the electrical.

I put autometer guages. Now headlights work sometimes, dash lights work sometimes, fuel guage does not work @ all.

Im looking for a basic rewire. Do any of you have a schematic of what you did? I want to get rid of all extra wires in the engine compartment and any upgrade recommendations. Also I got the recommended fuel guage but don't understand the rest of the post to make it work. Can I get a parts list and instructions to make it work.

Edited by leroylucky

See if this helps for the Autometer fuel gage. I found it by using the search function: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?showtopic=61300

As for the lights you may have a bad combination switch or you pulled some wires loose.

All of your questions have been covered before extensively. Best way to learn about these cars is to search.

You need to be more specific and detailed in your posts so other members can better understand your technical questions. Such as the year and model of your car.

Some posts contain step by step instructions and parts used, but you have to search for them and it may take several old posts to get a complete picture of what to do.

72_240z_wiring.pdf

Im sorry if I wasn't clear. And that is exactly what I needed for the fuel guage. Now for the rest of the car. I bought a plasticized blow up of the wireing diagram. But I wanna see the diagram of the projects you guys did. The reason I didn't go Lt1 was because of the electrical aspect. Just not my thing. I know you smart fellas might think Im cheating but why reinvent the wheel when I have hundreds of guys with a **** load of experience at my fingertips. The internet is great.

By the way, I will edit the first post. Thank you

If you are going to do an engine swap buy the Jags That Run Datsun Z V8 Conversion Manual http://www.jagsthatr...tsun_Z_V-8.html

The JTR manual will answer most of the questions you have, including electrical, engine wiring, cooling, brakes, drivetrain suspension etc. for a 240Z engine swap. It includes engine wiring instructions.

Most of the members here are more than willing to help with your questions, but you will need to research the forum so you can ask informed questions. I have done two 240Z V8 projects and found most of the information I needed by searching and then posting questions for clarification or to fill in the gaps.

Based on my own experience, the JTR manual is the how-to book that you should buy and read at least five times followed by searching the forum extensively before you start your project. Especially check the FAQs and pinned posts as they cover just about every basic question that has come up concerning 240Z modifications.

Good luck with your project.

Edited by Miles

I got the sbc in and running in my 72 240. Im gonna take it back out and do more work on the engine and trans. Now for the electrical.

I put autometer guages. Now headlights work sometimes, dash lights work sometimes, fuel guage does not work @ all.

Im looking for a basic rewire. Do any of you have a schematic of what you did? I want to get rid of all extra wires in the engine compartment and any upgrade recommendations. Also I got the recommended fuel guage but don't understand the rest of the post to make it work. Can I get a parts list and instructions to make it work.

You have a ground problem more than likely but headlight switch could be bad too.I have some problems with light switch on mine sometimes. I agree with the jtr book it is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by saxfiend1967