HybridZ

how to delete a/c but keep heater

ok, so I hope I'm not posting yet another thread on a topic that has been beaten to death... but I have been trying to figure out how to do this. Basically I hate a/c's and never use them. But I love having a heater when it gets cold... plus having a defroster for the windshield is really useful! So I want to get rid of my a/c but keep my heater. How do I do this? I know I'll need a heater core (how do I hook one up anyways? can I make it work some other way?), and the heater blower. I took two black box-type things out from under the dash, which where hooked together. If I'm not mistaken, one is the heater blower and one is for the a/c? Anyways I have no knowledge of how this stuff works, I'm really lost with figuring out how to do this. If this has been discussed before, I must be horrible at searching... so please link me! but if not, someone please help me understand how to do this... pics help!

Really appreciate any help with this, it'll definitely come in handy!

-Austin

So you removed all of the HVAC parts from your car?

well I'm doing a full resto-mod. I never had all the components; no heater core, no a/c compressor, but everything else (I think :unsure:). The only things I removed where the components under the dash. Is there perhaps a better way of doing this? Like taking the heater system out of a different car and making that work better?

some of those look tempting... but I think I do have what I need except for the heater core which is easy enough to find. I'm just trying to figure out what is for the heater and what is for the a/c. As I said I want to keep the heater and get rid of the a/c. So what can I remove? Am I correct in my thinking that one of the components under the dash is for the a/c and the other is for the heater? I should probably get a haynes manual, that would probably answer my questions, right?

Well In thinking and looking through everything, I decided to go with a universal heater and make that work. It will take a lot less swearing to make it work! And will likely work better than the stock system. Plus then I'm not wrestling with trying to take out just the a/c stuff!