HybridZ

modern motorsport extreme 13" brakes

I would too, go for the arizona brakes if it had a parking brake function( i know its in the works, but its been over a year now). Where i live, a line-lock or a wheel chock will not pass safety.

I know people have been having difficulty with ross from modern motorsports this past year, but there is a good reason to that. But its not my position to answer that.

anyways, back to the topic. Anyone have experience with the mm stuff?

I would too, go for the arizona brakes if it had a parking brake function( i know its in the works, but its been over a year now). Where i live, a line-lock or a wheel chock will not pass safety.

AZC does have it now. I saw a rear set with the emergency brake kit, and touched them myself.... so they are avail.

I have mm front brakes and Silvermine rears. Love the Silvermine as they do connect to my stock ebrake cable, and i can go to any auto parts store to buy; pads, calipers, rotors if needed. Silvermine also has great customer service!

I spent quite a bit of time researching the mm fronts and now know all the sources for the components. It was pretty stressful trying to order needed parts without any response from the other end-not a problem now as I go directly to the source...

Edited by 1 tuff z

i emailed dave from arizona z 2 weeks ago and he says the park brakes aren't available for another few months.... Hmm.. maybe things changed? Maybe i should ask him again.

1 tuff z: Do you mind sharing where to source the pieces for mm kit? Were you able to source stuff like replacement rotors? I think the brake calipers are cobra mustang stuff, so that's not too difficult to find parts for.

Sure, rotors are Coleman pm me for the specs. Calipers are Mustang Cobra & R, there are however, early and later models which have different size pistons as well as thread differences where the brake line attaches to the caliper. I have it all on my computer somewhere and will try to remember to post it sometime. Unique pieces are the adapter [from caliper mount to z caliper mount points and rotor hat [adapts hub to rotor]. Since I have both adapter and hat and access to a cnc shop it's easy for me to duplicate them if I need a replacement.

i emailed dave from arizona z 2 weeks ago and he says the park brakes aren't available for another few months.... Hmm.. maybe things changed? Maybe i should ask him again.

1 tuff z: Do you mind sharing where to source the pieces for mm kit? Were you able to source stuff like replacement rotors? I think the brake calipers are cobra mustang stuff, so that's not too difficult to find parts for.

Seems from reading on the net that this place is great to buy parts from: buyfordracing.com

I see there are two different size pistons when ordering the front calipers 38mm and 40mm hence the info below.

Remember when ordering that you need banjo bolts in most situations, so make sure that you include it in your purchase if need be.

Fine Thread Banjo Bolts ( M10×1.0 ) Ford part # W708034-S900

1994 to 2002 Cobra

1999 to 2003 GT

2003 Cobra built until July 2002

2001 Bullitt

Course Thread Banjo Bolts ( M10×1.5 ) Ford part # N802724-S150

1994 to 1998 GT

2003 Cobra built after July 2002

2003 10th Anniversary SVT Cobra

2004 Cobra

All thanks go to this site.

http://www.schofieldcomputer.com/myC...rdpress/?p=160

Info above I took from another forum.

• 1 month later...

You provided a link to their front brakes, did you mean the rears? If so, they use a 240sx caliper and those calipers do retain the stock e-brake cable. If you pair their 13" fronts with the 240sx rears you may experience the same heavy front bias system I had on my z. Have since replaced the rears with a different setup which now provides the proper bias.

http://www.modern-mo...&products_id=55

Can anyone give me reviews on them? I like these because it retains the stock e-brake setup.

I ended up getting both front and rear extreme brake set ups. Front brakes are from a cobra mustang and the rears are from camaro/firebird/c4 corvette. I chose this route because its simple and uses parts that are readily available..except for the rotors. Unfortunately, i'm months away from installing them so no real reviews can be given until then