HybridZ

ported head-mistake?

litch

I wasn't quite sure where to put this, so do what you will with it. Anyway, I have an l28et with a p90a head. I blew a head gasket, and decided to do some minor port work while I had the head off. After putting it back together, it seems that the car does ok until 2000 rpm or so, and then it gets pretty gutless until about 4500. I read later that the ecu cannot compensate for head work and such. Could this be causing my problem? And help is appreciated.

Smoothing out the short turn radius, and polishing the casting and the injector transition into the runner. It just seems the car is gutless with bad throttle response. I know I screwed up somewhere, just not sure where.

Edited by litch

First off make sure all your sensors, ground and connectors are in good shape. The AFM is a common problem plug that can cause mayhem. With the stock ECU you won't see a lot of bennefit from porting other than the turbo spooling faster - doubt it would cause problems unless you wreaked something in the process.... most likely a sensor/electrical problem...

Did you run a compression test to see if everything is correct after putting the motor back together? Are you sure there isnt a boost leak somewhere? Did you check fuel pressure? Go over the basics and make sure the small things are working correctly.

hate to state the obvious, but have you made certain the head did not warp with the gasket faliure? usually you would see other issues if your head was warped though.

I agree with compression tests, if you attempted to do your porting with the valves in place maybe you hit one? I've done it before you can really goof somethin up like that.

another possibility could be similar to an issue I had with the turbo car I had for a short while it would do similar falling on its face when I got it and discovered it was an issue with the waste gate actuator.

I am not sure where you you read that the ECU cannot compensate for a "ported head"... because that is not true.

I ran this heavily ported head head with stock ECU \ stock AFM, T3\T4 turbo and stock injectors and the car was a beast!!

285383421.jpg

246390213.jpg

Port matched intake manifold:

200146695.jpg

Yasin