HybridZ

spring rate changes

I think Cameron said it right, there are a lot of different ways to achieve a similar performance level. From my experience you dont need to stagger the wheels. As mentioned my car has a 1 1/8" front bar and no rear bar 15x9 slicks all around predictably, it understeers at the limit. There are a few things I want to do to reduce this for next year but giving more rear tire definitely wouldnt be useful here.

Regarding spacers, what is your concept of quality? 6061-T6 aluminum is what is typically used. China, USA, etc all follow the same process for making it. Theres no way to tell by looking at it if one is any "better" since they look the same. I get my spacers, and pretty much any cutting I need, done at a local laser/water jet cutting place. They generally have lots of different grades of material at many different thicknesses. If you dont have CAD, draw up a drawing on some paper and/or talk to them about what you want done. Spacers are simple enough they can program right from your drawing. I've actually found it cheaper to get something laser cut than buying my own material and doing my own cutting.

ZTR how exactly does your ride quality suck? Going with less spring wont necessarily make any improvements. There are a lot of things that affect ride quality tires, shocks, bushings, you name it. When I first put my tokico springs and shocks in, my ride was awful. Only when I replaced all the beat up stock bushings did the ride feel nice and smooth. I also used custom "pillowball" type upper mounts for my suspension, these transferred and awful amount of NVH into the chassis. Going back to stock type upper mounts when I switched to coilovers greatly improved my ride quality. I dont think youll never have a totally smooth ride given youre on coilovers and low profile tires. On bad sections of the highway my car sucks to drive.

Edited by h4nsm0l3m4n