HybridZ

Rb25det boost cut while driving

voltron_boi

I got my rb25 running now, and when I rev and hold my gas pedal, I can see boost pressure on my gauge. But, when I drive the car and accelerate into boost it will just sputtering, and stall. Once I let go of the gas pedal, it will drive smooth again. Tomorrow, I will be switching the coil-packs and see if that is the problem. Anything else you guys would recommend me to check?

You have neglected valuable information.

You have RB26dett turbos on an rb25det. Let me guess, your still running the stock ECU?

So Twins, Greddy style knockoff, and custom intercooler piping with a stock ECU?

What is your boost set at?

Any idea what your AFR is?

My guess is that you are hitting a lean wall on boost and there is practically nothing you can do until that SAFC II installed to band aid it. You should be able to correct the fueling with the SAFCII, but your still out on timing.

Make sure you install that SAFC II in a way that will not create new issues. Use solder, heat shrink tubing, and what ever else you need to get good connections.

Deal with your boost setting

Stabilize your AFR with that boost setting

See if the problem persists

Dyno tune it