HybridZ

72 240z wont start

The engine is the stock L24 with su carbs. ITs been about a week or so since i drove it back when it was warmer out. Now that its cold and winter is here the engine wont start up. It just turns. IT wont attempt at all to try and fire up, just keeps turning over and over. Any help please? im fairly new with this motor and carbs.

Thanks,

Brent

Well i just found out that the fuel lines going to the carbs are bone dry, even when i turn the key on in the ignition position no fuel and when i try and crank no fuel. could this be a fuel pump failure? Spark plugs are terrible condition but should still spark.

This may be a dumb question, but does my 1972 240z have a electrical fuel pump or just the mechanical one on the engine and thats it? Cause im reading the clymer manual and it says the 240z does not use the carbon canister or electric fuel pump. the mechanical pump had been replaced when i bought the car in mid october. Ive looked everywhere underneath my car and dont see the electrical fuel pump like the 260z has.

Edited by disepyon

FOUND the problem!!! it was a clogged up fuel filter. After spraying the hell out of it with the air hose, fuel actually pass through it now. I must have a dirty azz fuel tank. took awhile to prime the fuel but everything works now. debating wether or not to replace it.... I already have a ls1 motor im swapping in it, but wont be until spring time.