HybridZ

Fuel Brake & Door Lights

TonyB

Alternator failing...

its happened to me a few times, typically you'll have around half hr till the battery is too low to keep the injection pumping and the car will die

I pulled the negative cable off while the car was running and it died. So it is something dealing with the alternator. What is weird is I just put in a new alternator. It can't be the alternator. Is there another explanation? Is it the wrong alternator? Cables? I have no friggin idea.

Alternator failing...

its happened to me a few times, typically you'll have around half hr till the battery is too low to keep the injection pumping and the car will die

I had the alternator checked before I bought it. It passed all tests.

Just because the alternator worked when it left the store doesn't mean it still works. The rebuilders are terrible these days. There's a reason why they have a lifetime warranty. Get a new alternator!!

If you start the car and put a multimeter on your battery it should read 14.5 volts. If is lower than that it is a bad rebuild.

If it is higher than 12.5 volts it will work for a while-the battery just needs more than the base voltage(12v)to charge but it will charge slower and you put a strain on all of your electronic componants.

Edited by macambra