HybridZ

uerethane front air dam fixable?

I'd think some careful application of a heat gun and some patience could fix that... i mean i've heard of people plastic welding holes in urethane air dams and using them then. I'd think it'd be possible. But is it something really special or a really good price or something? You can buy some pretty cool air dams from msa. They even have a couple urethane ones. And the pricing is very good on them...

• 2 weeks later...

I found a guy with a new unused air dam but it has been sitting as if the car were on it's side in a box so the passenger side has curled over is that something that can be fixed or is it garbage now? thanks!

This is not a problem. A heat gun will work; but, block it up in a sunny spot with some weight to hold the curl down. It takes some time, so keep checking it... "time" = two weeks in my case.

g

a little heat really helped it in just a short time thanks! I was wondering can anyone give me some info on the air dam and spoiler? I'm considering selling it as I have come into financial issues but have no idea what it is worth so if some one can tell me the worth, that would be awesome thanks! (this is in no way a for sale add if I do decide to sell these items a for sale add will be created at that time I am only inquiring as to the value of said items thank you!)

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

Edited by MuhKaydenZ

It's a Xenon 280z air dam and what looks to be the MSA "Classic" Spoiler. I sold a 280z airdam like the one you have for I think $100 plus shipping, but that was a while back and I really don't remember, as for the spoiler, I have no idea. Post it for $150 plus shipping and see what you get? Issue with large items is shipping cost for potential buyers.

a little heat really helped it in just a short time thanks! I was wondering can anyone give me some info on the air dam and spoiler? I'm considering selling it as I have come into financial issues but have no idea what it is worth so if some one can tell me the worth, that would be awesome thanks! (this is in no way a for sale add if I do decide to sell these items a for sale add will be created at that time I am only inquiring as to the value of said items thank you!)

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

I wouldn't think the air dam is worth too much, or the spoiler. The spoiler is either the $159.99 msa classic as mentioned, or the $250 xenon spoiler. The air dam itself is about $270 new. You're not going to get much for them I'm sure.. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong. It's worth a try at least.

As a member of the zip tied allstars, I would suggest zip ties and a hole punch. However, seeing how some people have a nice shop to work with I advise the responsible intelligent thing and do the heat gun!

Did you even read past the first three posts?