HybridZ

RB26 crankcase vent system

djz

I've had quite a search and come up with a million different ways of plumbing up the PCV system on the RB26, most of them have been for motors that are still running AFMs where mine is not.

I want to run a positive vent system, not just venting to atmosphere. Is the drawing below pretty much the best way of doing this? The yellow points are capped off and ignore the lines that are already there, the only lines I'll be running will be the ones I have drawn in. The catch can will be baffled.

Should I run a filter on one of the yellow capped off points on the rocker covers? Has anybody vented the block itself? I'm not using the rear oil return so I could run a pipe up from that to the catch can?

The motor is not mine btw, just a picture I found.

globalautor32-8b.jpg

Edited by djz

i have a check valve on my exhaust and it draws vacuum for the valve covers under higher rpm. I am going to put it on a rpm activated switch because if you are sitting idle for a while pressure will build.. You can check it out in my build thread.

Since your a MAP system you should be able to eliminate the PCV completely and use the intake suction alone to draw fumes through a real baffled catch can and into the turbo intake stream. The air rushing past the orfice in the turbo intake will create the vacuum you need. No need to dump even more hydrocarbons down the intake with a PCV system at that point.

A filter on the end of the valve cover works, but just to be sure you stay clean I would relocate the filter away from the valve cover a ways.

But thats just my opinion.