HybridZ

Anybody install a RetroSound head unit into an s130

tecreatta

Well after having my second radio stolen out of my car I'm about at the end of my wick. At about 3 a.m. my radio along with about $1200 worth of tools were stolen out of both my 280zx and my Grandfather's shop. Stupid kids just don't have respect for the property of others. What was a good Christmas became lack luster. The only thing I can think of as a deterrent to having my radio stolen again is to install a retrosound head unit into my car. Stupid kids would think it was an old radio. My questions is what is the quality of these Units and has anybody actually installed them into a s130. I know I can easily install the bloody thing but just wanted to see what luck others have had with similar endeavors.

ã™ã‚ŠãŒã ã„ãらã„ã§ã™ã€‚ :mad:

Edited by tecreatta

Very sorry to hear that happen to your z and most of all your grand fathers shop and all those tools .... 3 or 4 days ago Some A$$ clowns smashed my driver side and passanger side windows on one of my 260z's I have parked out front. They will all get there in return. Maybe you should bate car them with your z as soon as they get it lock em in lol. Do u have an alarm on your z and your shop?

We have security cams but they were off at the time. What luck. I hadn't put a security system in it at the moment but now thats going to change. This was a good neighborhood but well that changes. I had a 280z on jacks thankfully they didn't vandalize it. Stuff happens but come on why on Christmas.

Edited by tecreatta

I installed a Retrosound radio in my 240Z. It failed within three months. Retrosound sent me a replacement with no hassle. That was over a year ago and no problems since.

Also, the faceplate it came with was cut at the wrong angle. Evidently the kit was supposed to include a template to trim the faceplate for a 240Z, but was not included.

The installation kit allows you to custom fit to any car. Sound quality and radio reception are about average. Wiring was easy. I ran the output through an amplifier located under the passenger seat.

I ordered mine directly from Retrosound. If you order from Retrosound ask them to include the 240Z faceplate template as others have complained that it was missing from the kit. The reason I ordered from Retrosound is at that time, MSA and Black Dragon did not have the latest model in stock and they could not answer questions about the radio.

The radio is made in China.

post-178-007893600 1325033302_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miles

• 2 weeks later...

The shop and my home are on the same piece of property (we don't rent we own) and with six acres of property and an insurance deductible of %2, the deductible was over 3 times the value of the property stolen. The faceplate being left in the car was in fact my bloody mistake. I wouldn't figure a thief would venture 300 feet from the street to the vehicles and then to the shop. Everything has been replaced minus a set of wood working routers. I have beefed up security around the property with motion sensitive sirens, built a new atom powered linux security system and have decided to keep my trusty Mosin-Nagant by my easy chair. Burglars beware.

• 3 weeks later...