HybridZ

Bolt's for engine stand

ZAMMM

Picked up a l28et last week and have had it on the picker all week cause harbor frieght was out of stands, finally got one today. On my way back down to the gargage tomorrow I wanted to pick some bolts up. Anyone know off the top of there head what size I need , I know to get a extra inch or two. Any help would be greatly appreciated, could save me a couple hours driving back and forth to get bolts.

Picked up a l28et last week and have had it on the picker all week cause harbor frieght was out of stands, finally got one today. On my way back down to the gargage tomorrow I wanted to pick some bolts up. Anyone know off the top of there head what size I need , I know to get a extra inch or two. Any help would be greatly appreciated, could save me a couple hours driving back and forth to get bolts.

I believe I got 10x1.25x60 for mine, but they might have been 70mm. I can't remember off the top of my head, but they are the same thread as the head studs. Sad isn't it? Our head studs are that tiny...

I got mine from Autozone.

3x

Dorman/AutoGrade M10 - 1.50 x 90 mm. 45-75 N-m class 8.8 cap screw

Price: $2.59

Part Number: 423-590.2

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Dorman-AutoGrade-M10-1-50-x-90-mm-45-75-N-m-class-8-8-cap-screw/_/N-25ag?aqs=4294933711~4294814421~4294813932&counter=1&itemIdentifier=30252_0_0_

1x

Dorman/AutoGrade M10 - 1.50 x 80 mm. 45-75 N-m class 8.8 cap screw

Price: $2.49

Part Number: 423-580.2

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Dorman-AutoGrade-M10-1-50-x-80-mm-45-75-N-m-class-8-8-cap-screw/_/N-25ag?aqs=4294933711~4294814421~4294813933&counter=0&itemIdentifier=30251_0_0_

Ah, the old 10 x 1.25mm.. or is is 1.50 mm thread pitch problem/confusion...

Perhaps a rule of thumb is in order for virtually every 10mm bolt on the Z.

If it screws into the block or transmission casing, its 1.50 thread pitch. Head bolts, trans to block bolts, engine mounts, starter, alternator mount. Only exception that I can think of, and its weak, is the nut that holds the one stud on the alternator mount. Its 1.25mm I'm pretty sure. That stud is 1.50mm into the block though.

If its a suspension component, connections to another, or to the frame, its 1.25 mm thread pitch.

Engine/Trans, 1.50 course, Everywhere else 1.25mm fine.

"1.50 for the engine of course, but that suspension is mighty fine..."

Every 8 mm bolt is 1.25mm thread pitch. There may be one or two exceptions somewhere on something that are 8 x 1.00, but damn rare. All 6mm are 1.00 thread

I look forward to hearing the exceptions to these rule from others. There are always exceptions.....

And as a take home exam, who can tell us where there are, lets see.., at least 6 occurences of SAE threads on a Z???

Jim