HybridZ

What ITB

caen fred

I know that Merschmitt was using mechanical fuel injection on their fighters, part of what gave the RAF problems since the Merlin was SU fed, until they fitted restricter plates to the SUs to balance inverted and extreme manuvering operations.

Took 15 years to move from fighters to consumer cars, Peugeot was using MFI on the 504 as an option when they came out, '68.

EFI, well, I'm not up on my history of that, as a kid I pored over books of war stuff, not old cars :P

Rochester Mechanical Fuel Injection was offered in the 50's on GM Performance Brands.

Shortly thereafter there was an abortive attempt at EFI which wasn't so successful.

The first successful mass-produced EFI vehicle was the VW Type III with the MAP-Based first-generation Bosch Jetronic.

Yeah, EFI been on consumer cars since the 60's.

The 1973 Tokyo Motor Show had a 260ZG-E 2+2 on the podium... Thank gawd for that, it made the link between the species for use on the 260/280Z on Bonneville-Bound Cars!