HybridZ

Rasing the differential

ckrell

Not sure I fully understand your question, but the main difference in the mustache bars is the spacing of the mounting holes (for the end studs on the differentials) in the bars. Typically no problem to find R200 mustache bars for sale. Hope this helps.

R200: 2 inches from center of bolts to top of case. The picture I attached was from an R200 on my bench.

R180: I forgot that I've got my two spare R180s out on "longterm loan" so I couldn't measure for you on a bench. I got under my car, which has an R180, and best I could tell, it was the same heighth as the R200 from the bolts to the top of the case.

However, I know you are trying to raise the diff 2-3 inches. From what I could see, there is only about an inch between the R180 and the boxed section "cross member" above it. Are you planning to c-notch that out to create room to move the diff up? I think you may have to.

Edit note: I just looked at your post and it looks like you do plan to c-notch. I took another picture that shows the width of the diff as well so you can plan that out too. The t-square is at a little bit of an angle, so the width measurement is correct but the vertical dimensions are a little off, but it should be good enough to get you started.

post-5903-051448300 1328361313_thumb.jpg

post-5903-066960000 1328361895_thumb.jpg

Edited by RebekahsZ