HybridZ

78zstyle's 78 280z

My metal head gasket should be here something during the week. Heres a picture of my putting a l28 in a 280zx. Headers ended up not fitting so it took me a long time to really figure that out and swap out manifolds.

post-12955-006376100 1344787953_thumb.jpg

Edited by 78zstyle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2mm MLS cosmetic hg installed with ARP head studs.

Upgraded to spark control as well, engine runs great and feels great.

Too bad Im still smoking from my valve cover a lot, oil is still seeping through valve cover gasket and my vent from the valve cover. And there is a little oil in my intake pipe..

I overheated hard yesterday after getting on it a little bit. Da faq is going on? Im starting to think something more than a ring..Like maybe a cracked block or something.

If I have to take this engine out of the car, it will no longer be a turbo.

Edited by 78zstyle

Yeah. I decided. At the end of this month when I can buy a DD Im going to start my new engine. F54/P90, Stage 2 Cam, Flat tops, 6-1 Headers, 2.5 Inch exhaust all ran by megasquirt. My goal is 200 Crank HP. Should move nicely with my 4.11 rear end. I'll probably sell my 2mm MLS. Other items that will come up for sale is my turbo, intercooler, bov and full exhaust. Hopefully I should come close to breaking even.

• 3 months later...

Update: Popped open my block today, number 6 piston skirt broke and the rings broke as well.

Im going to an NA setup, about to assemble a .040 bored over F54/P90 fully balanced. Updates to come.

By any chance that you have a friend name Jake helping you with this ?

By any chance that you have a friend name Jake helping you with this ?

Nope

Nice build, it sucks you have to pull the engine and go back to NA. Oh well. Really I just wish I had the money to buy the turbo stuff off you. I'm in Arlington and am planning to do an L28et build myself. 

I could probably cut you a discount. I also have a 3 inch exhaust that I would be willing to sell. I'd perfer to go to 2.5 if I can.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm still here. Now that I have a steady income again, I'm doing more upgrades.. Plan for the car right now are to redo the interior, seats, sound system etc.

Also as the far as the paint scheme goes. I want to get bigger wheels (16x9), flare it, paint the hood black (with the rest of the car red). Black Flares, Airdam, Spoiler and bumpers. 

Considering what I want to do for my next engine build.. Maybe a KA24DET, or maybe another L28ET. 

Edited by 78zstyle

Over the weekend I bought an HY35 Holset turbo. Its nice because it has both the compressor outlet elbow and both oil line flanges. There is zero shaft play, but the exhaust housing is a tad rusty looking, so I'm going to try hitting it with some part cleaner and maybe take a wire wheel to it. I plan on having the wastegate welded shut and using an external wastegate. I also bought a V band adapter for it.. Plan on a 3 inch downpipe and 4 inch exhaust to a aeroturbine muffler. 

Things still on the list for the engine:

ARP hardware

MLS

Meth Injection

Intercooler

Radiator

All in good time though, I'm in no rush.