HybridZ

240sx brakes on a 280zx

soo my rear brakes dont work on my base model 81 zx and i have some stock s13 calipers and pads, i also have the master and booster, jus wondering if anyone has ever done this swap and if it would actually help me have a shorter stopping distance? or is it better if i take the easy way out and jus buy new rear calipers. Also if the brake lines will fit on the s13 master if i decide to do the swap or would i have to get new screws? ANY INPUT WOULD HELP!!!!!!!!

Well they would help more compared to your brakes right now :)

But in general they have a smaller piston and thus less stopping power. Plus they wouldn't fit your brackets from what I gather. Most japanese cars use the 10x1.0mm metric bubble flare, so the fittings should be fine.

Sell the sx caliper and pads, and have your stock ones rebuilt, can't be more than 30-40 a side.

IF you have the elephant ear calipers, they won't fit. The 280zx had 2 styles of rear breaks. Really *** early ones that look like elephant ears, and they have the caliper bolt holes sorta close together, and then later model ones where the caliper bolt holes are farther apart.

If your trailing arm is the later style and doesn't have the *** elephant ear calipers then they will fit. Not sure of the piston size. I think they actually might be the same.

Also I'm only talking about the bolt pattern, I have no idea of the offset of the caliper and if the Ebrake function will work.