HybridZ

N42 intake help!!

austyn

i need help, last year i bought my 240z with a l28 with l24 carbs on it. so a couple weeks ago i got a parts car with a l28 with the intake and fuel injection and everything else.

but my question is, how do i hook the intake and everything on to my other motor so it will run?

if you could pictures would be great. thanks

i need help, last year i bought my 240z with a l28 with l24 carbs on it. so a couple weeks ago i got a parts car with a l28 with the intake and fuel injection and everything else.

but my question is, how do i hook the intake and everything on to my other motor so it will run?

Let me see if I understand you: You have a carb'd L28 and you want to take it back to FI?

You won't get a full set of instructions on a board like this. You need to get some of the manuals that go with that set up. And don't expect it to go quickly, either. Swapping the carbs on is much quicker than reinstalling the FI, especially if you have no idea how the FI should look.

You need to have the donor car right next to the 240. And you need to photo the living crap out of the donor before you start.

I don't envy you. FI intimidates me.

post-21407-007276400 1328949571_thumb.jpg

"Datsun 240Z, 260Z, 280Z Owners Workshop Manual"

51L%2Bo7J9hKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

"How to Rebuild Your Nissan/Datsun OHC Engine"

51OtmhSjAVL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Those books will help you a lot.

Those books are great and help you.