HybridZ

Rota RB-R 17x9.5 on all 4, how large of tires will fit?

Flares on ebay

@SunnyZ

I bought a set from "specialcarbonfiber" on ebay. They were absolutely flat/didnt match the Z at all. =Returned them. Do not buy from specialcarbonfiber.

I then bought a set from "jendosa" on ebay, they fit pretty well, small gap before bolting them on, but its probably on par with Motorsport-Z's.

Edited by spitsnaugle

None of them seem to fit real well to me. It's like they're all made to be universal even though they're advertized for the one car specifically. You end up having to warp them into the contour of the car, and use a rubber bead to fill the uneven seam.

Ah. Thanks for the info.

I'm just going to assume that the BAMF flares fit nicely (at least they better for the scrilla :blink: )

So i've seen like one or two cars with those flares, but what tires? a 315 rear and a 275 front? 245? what will look good, and not have to hack everything on the car?

Mine are 245/315. Unfortunately the rotas don't go above 9.5 so the tire is a little too wide but I dream of getting them widened when I can afford to have the car out of service for a bit. 245 fits perfectly though. They both actually have a little room to go outwards more if you want them to be flush, but they're about even so I'm happy with it.

I don't want to toot my own horn or anything but perhaps this is worth a look :P

Edited by getoffmyinternet

Mine are 245/315. Unfortunately the rotas don't go above 9.5 so the tire is a little too wide but I dream of getting them widened when I can afford to have the car out of service for a bit. 245 fits perfectly though. They both actually have a little room to go outwards more if you want them to be flush, but they're about even so I'm happy with it.

I don't want to toot my own horn or anything but perhaps this is worth a look :P

How low can you go with that setup? Also, could you post some pictures further away, or that weren't 6 times the size of my screen? :lol: but srsly

I'm on the stock suspension right now, so I don't know. I have a coilover kit but not the time to install it yet. I'm happy with the height though because before it was impossible to go over speed bumps and now it glides right over. I might lower it a little though depending on how stiff the new springs are.

I'll take a picture of the whole car, blow it up, and you can just load it on your tv and stand across the room to look at it :P

• 3 weeks later...

Bump up top for this. The need for tires is becoming very great, so should i just buy a pair of 275's and see if they fit?

I'd rather just order everything at once, so i don't have to eat shipping twice.

those of you running a 245, what brand / model of tire is it?

• 2 weeks later...

You have to do some serious trimming up front. Kiss your side markers goodbye, and prepare to cut whatever bumper or air dam you have.

IMG_20120413_004938.jpg

This is with 1-2* of camber

I went ahead and put it out to 5*, so I need to cut some more of the bumper. This is about ride height, maybe a little low.

Tires are Yokahama S-drives 275-40-17

Is your camber from lower control arms or camber tops?

I have a little negative camber just from longer lower control arms, and mine don't stick out anywhere near that far. I have classic datsun ZGs, and Hankook Ventus Z214s semi slicks.

I also didn't have to remove my front indicator. How high up did you mount the flares?

Dave