HybridZ

Need help with Modern Motorsports Xtreme 13" Brakes, Seriously!

I removed my factory prop and safety valve [you can see yours in this thread post #15] and installed a wilwood prop valve as well. It may be that your safety valve is causing the problem...

I removed the proportioning valve because I have a wildwood one. Are you using the stock P. valve only???

Thanks

Edited by 1 tuff z

^ I did the same in my setup as well, works great.

Also a bit curious as to how you ended up with different calipers than me. I also purchased and xtreme rear setup from Ross. It clearly states on my invoice that they're PBR calipers, and they most definitely are. In my case, the rears are also Cobras. Anyway, shouldn't have anything to do with your actual issue. Even if I proportion mine such that the rears basically do zero braking (did this by accident while trying to balance the setup!), the fronts haul down something serious -- significantly improved over my stock setup.

Update;

The fronts are cobra 2002

The rears are C4 corvette 1996

I installed a 280Z brake booster. It required drilling new holes in the firewall. It is 8.5" in diameter. I just clears the clutch MC. I drove the car with the same HPS pads.

It is a beast. Stops right NOW. Good feel. It looks like aggressive pads are not required with this booster. That said I understand that aggressive pads would make this setup even better. I cannot emphasize enough how much difference the booster makes.

Cheers,

Cyrus

Edited by cyrus