HybridZ

quality hub adapters

vega

So I have been looking around for wheels (very limited on the s30 chassis). The rota rb-r wheels are the perfect size but they (the 17s) are about a year or more out, screw that. So other options are to deal with MM which to me is too much a hassle (sorry mm but seriously, not answering emails is horrible customer service...). So I am looking for quality bolt on wheel adapters.

I have been doing some research on wheel adapters and what people have had problems with.

1. the studs tend to break so ARP studs is what makes them work.

2. They need a centering ring (built into the adapter) otherwise its just the studs hold it up.

So what company would you all recommend using for quality wheel adapters. Looking for 4x4.5 or 4x120 from the stock 4x114.3 about an inch or inch and a half.

Recommendations? Thoughts?

Edited by vega

i just got a quote from stockton in california. 41 for shipping each wheel. 209 per wheel bare (no coating) 17x9 they said they are willing to drill out the holes and and make them a 4x4.5 wheel.

They don't go up to the 9.5 that i would want but i think i can live with 9 inches.

Also they said they should be about 35 pounds each wheel, which in reality isn't really all that bad.

Lastly if i were to go with a 9 inch in the rear what offset would i need to compare from a 17x9.5 with a -19 offset? They did say they were willing to make the offset of whatever i need!

as for adapters I did find company via the miata forums that I will be talking with shortly. I will keep you guys posted. They claim their adapters will hold to motorsport type of abuse, meaning they are safe to use in any situation. So if they are willing to make adapters for a 4x4.5 to 5x4.5 that would be great that way we can run mustang wheels and we don't have to deal with MM's (cake reference) "long line of cars".

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/contact.html

as for adapters I did find company via the miata forums that I will be talking with shortly. I will keep you guys posted. They claim their adapters will hold to motorsport type of abuse, meaning they are safe to use in any situation. So if they are willing to make adapters for a 4x4.5 to 5x4.5 that would be great that way we can run mustang wheels and we don't have to deal with MM's (cake reference) "long line of cars".

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/contact.html

Definitely keep us updated on this. I'm going to be in need of some quality adapter/spacers here soon and would like to hear how much these are gonna cost.

these adapters appear to be good enough for what they are. You can request a one piece where one stud from the hub is longer (i would use arp) and it goes through the adapter to bolt to the wheel and the adapter then bolts to the other studs then the adapter has 3 other studs (you can request them to be arp if you call) bolt down to the wheel as well as this has a centering ring for whatever style rim you use. You just have make sure to tell them the center hole style/size for the rim and they will make it for you.

Also they said they should be about 35 pounds each wheel, which in reality isn't really all that bad.

35 lbs per wheel! That's very heavy. Add 20 to 25 lbs for the tire and you're at 220 to 240 lbs. just for wheels and tires.