HybridZ

More Wiring Problems!

The nightmare is becoming less of a nightmare, We're getting there slowly but surely.

So we have spark now, and the car will run if we dump a little fuel down the intake. So now it's a matter of fuel delivery.

The fuel pump IS working, but for some reason the injectors aren't firing properly. They are getting constant power, even when the key if off. This shouldn't be possible.

I checked the wires on the plug into the ecu. They are getting constant power also. I have no idea what to do.

This is a 83 NA to 83 Turbo swap. We have wiring schematics the size of the car LOL (pops' eyesight or lack of...) and we're getting power to the necessary wires (at least we think we are.)

the timing is correct and it is sparking.

these damn injectors are pissing me off :|

Thanks

Jordan

Edited by Wangan280

There's most likely a good description in the FSM, Engine Fuel section, of how/where the ECCS gets its signal to determine when to ground the injectors. EFI uses the blue wire from the coil (-) to Pin 1 but the ECCS might use the CAS. If you haven't already looked...

Injectors get constant power with the key on.

The ecu delivers the negative signal.

I've seen many nissan ecus fuse the injector driver and the zener diode when connecting the battery backwards.

So the injectors get constant power and pulse when receiving the negative signal?

• 1 month later...