HybridZ

Finally found a stock bore 289

blueovalz

That is what I have, and I love it. There is no evidence of the lack enertia when starting from a stop (perhaps indeed because of such a light vehicle). The best thing I like about the lighter flywheel is that the RPMs drop very quickly, thus making a quick shift so much faster. I like it so much that I am currently figuring out a story to tell my wife so that I can get an aluminum flywheel on my 240SX when the clutch goes (which should be soon at 160k on the original clutch)

Terry,

Here's what I tell my wife," insert spouse name, the insert part nameis worn and needs to be replaced. I priced the stock unit and aftermarket, and the aftermarket piece (which is much better than stock) is only X dollars more. Wouldn't it be smart to buy the better part when it so reasonably priced and of so much better quality. icon_wink.gif

Here's a question for your parts-hoarding friend:

Has he ever seen adaptor "shims" that allow you to put a 289-302 Intake manifold on a 351W? I have a photo in the Ford Small Block parts interchange book, but no manufacturer or part # info....

In case you are wondering why such a thing is needed, I "need" to put a 4x2 weber "carb" 289 intake on a stroked 351W (to 426!!).

I would settle for a 3x2 or 2x4 351W intake, ask your friend if they exist. Can't find them either.