HybridZ

Rusty V07 crank

jdizzy204

Take a good look at all the journals and the filet radiuses of them all, If pitted or gouged out at all, it will cost alot to repair it. It can be repaired though. We send refrigerant compressor cranks out to get built up and reburbished at around 800 bones. If all the journals and radiuses are in otherwise good condition you might be able to undersize it a bit and runs it. I would buy it and take it to the machine shop if it were me though.

If you don't mind running .040" or more bearings on a fresh motor I guess it's alright. Rusty cranks, from what I see at my dads shop, usually come back turned to something more than .030".

If anything were to go wrong in your motor, the crank may be turned to its fullest already so you wouldn't be able to repair scratches and have a second go at it. But hey, for $50 yah why not.

If I wanted a built stroker crank I wouldn't despise the rust that much. If you wanted extra stroke you're changing rod journal sizes anyways, and you can just run thicker main bearings after getting those milled down. As long as you weren't running super high force induced HP (which I wouldn't on a stroker anyways) then it should survive the forces on the smaller journals just fine. And don't forget that smaller journals see less friction.

But as a BUDGET stroker crank.... I'd pass by and try to forget about it.