HybridZ

Lightweight Battery Recommendation To Pass Along..Pics

Hi Gang - Not a ground breaking post by any stretch but wanted to share or pass this recommendation along to you all. I have been running this battery for a few months now with great success, so wanted to share. This battery is lightweight and very affordable ($70).

It is made by Shuriken who is also involved with Braille and their battery line, and certainly much better value than paying $110 for the equivalent Odyssey PC-680 or $200 for the Braille.

The battery model is the SK-BT20 and weighs 14lbs it provides 850CA. The cheapest place online to purchase it is:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17907_SHURiKEN-SK-BT20.html

I bought my battery and terminal posts from Sonic Electronix and received it very quickly (even with the back ordered posts).

My car sits a month or two at a time and the battery still maintains the voltage well even after this duration, granted I put the trickle charger on it for an hour or two before firing up the car. My car is a 8.3:1 Compression L30ET with a Web cam and can be fussy to start and this battery has no issues turning the engine over (usually takes a few long persuasive cranks..laughing).

My only disclaimer: For a daily driver in super cold weather, I am not sure how this battery would fare.

Anyway great way to save 10 or so lbs from the nose of the car and clean up the bulkyness of the engine compartment of our lovely cars. The aluminum battery holder I bought off eBay and believe it is for a Scion or something, I did a few little mods (die grinder) to make it fit the car and battery.

Enjoy and hope this helps!

401901453.jpg

401901455.jpg

My best - Yasin

Edited by slownrusty